Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy 1st Heavenly Birthday Lucas!

Happy Birthday my sweet boy, your Sissy's sent up your cupcakes and we decorated your balloons.

The day didn't go as I had envisioned, it was freezing and the wind had gusts up to 40mph, but really how should a day like this go anyway.

I am very thankful however that we got to be together as a family here on earth as we celebrated and remembered you.







Your birthday announcement came the week prior. I opened it and there your name was with so many others and I cried. I cried like I hadn't in so many months, like I did in those first days and weeks. It reminded me of how real this all was and all still is.



There is a place for you here, in so many of our hearts.

I am so thankful to all of you who joined in a Random Act of Kindness in Lucas honor and thank you to all who took the extra time to share with us in your gift.

  • Countless homeless received breakfast and coffee
  • Unsuspecting families had their meals paid for in the drive thru with a note attached
  • Others had meals bought and delivered to their homes
  • Many desserts and pastries were made and given joyfully
  • Complete strangers learned of your little life and took a moment to say how moved they were by your story
  • Toys were donated to children @ a learning center
  • Some even gave the gift of forgiveness
  • A donation was made in your honor to our favorite of places, Sequoias National Park, the place we spread your ashes
  • A star was named after you as well
My mom shared with me the story of her day on May 25th, she awoke with you in mind Lucas and prayed that God would show her who needed to receive the act of kindness. As she sat at a red light, she noticed the car in front of her had this as their license plate. Thank you Mom for chasing the car down to get a pic.

5 comments:

Stasia said...

I've read this post so many times ... I just keep coming back to it. Today I came back to read it because I was on pinterest and saw a picture of a cherry tree and of course you popped into my mind. There are so many times that you suddenly show up in my thoughts and I want to tell you that each and every time you do, I say a little prayer to God. Every day since May 25th, I've tried to do a random act of kindness for someone every day ... sometimes I want to grab a person and tell them Lucas' story and make them realize how precious life is and then I realize that that is not the way ... the way is those random acts that put a smile on someone's face for a whole day that becomes contagious until everyone has everyone smiling. YOU make me smile, Lyndsey Mae. Hugs and love to all of you. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.