The day didn't go as I had envisioned, it was freezing and the wind had gusts up to 40mph, but really how should a day like this go anyway.
I am very thankful however that we got to be together as a family here on earth as we celebrated and remembered you.
Your birthday announcement came the week prior. I opened it and there your name was with so many others and I cried. I cried like I hadn't in so many months, like I did in those first days and weeks. It reminded me of how real this all was and all still is.
There is a place for you here, in so many of our hearts.
I am so thankful to all of you who joined in a Random Act of Kindness in Lucas honor and thank you to all who took the extra time to share with us in your gift.
- Countless homeless received breakfast and coffee
- Toys were donated to children @ a learning center
- Some even gave the gift of forgiveness
- A donation was made in your honor to our favorite of places, Sequoias National Park, the place we spread your ashes
- A star was named after you as well